A sad face. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Learning how to avoid being unhappy should be required learning for us all. Isn’t one of the greatest things we do in life the pursuit of happiness? So if we are taught about things that we should avoid doing in order to help us along that path, then we will learn also how to avoid being unhappy. So here, that’s exactly what I aim to do…teach you things to avoid, so that you protect your chance of achieving happiness in your life.
There are so many unhappy people out there, wouldn’t you agree? So many spend their lives constantly complaining about things or people. Some seem to always find fault with everything. What got them to be so miserable? Are you one of them? I sure hope not. However, if it is you or someone who you care about who always seems to dwell on negative stuff, share these tips and hopefully they can turn their life around.
Many people believe that happiness comes from outside of us and is beyond our control. I believe that the major part of happiness in our lives is under our control as you will see here.
Ways to avoid being unhappy;
1. Allowing negative thoughts to prevail – everything around us has an impact on our lives, people,situations, media are a few examples. If you surround yourself with negativity, you tend to be brought down,or, at least held back from achieving your best in life. So stay away from negative people who are always blaming others or circumstances for their “lack” in life.
Avoid also watching negative television, especially the news. Negative thinking and people just serve to depress us as we’re always being offered a negative perspective from them, which is contrary to our being able to achieve happiness. Replace any negativity in your life with the positive opposites, upbeat people, funny television shows or shows that uplift you and so on.
2. Over-complicating your life – at times life can seem complicated and this can be very stressful. Many times, however, it is us who makes things more complicated than it needs to be. Our lives are filled with multi-tasking which can cause a ton of stress, so one simple way to make life simpler is to tackle one task at a time. Also by making your daily “To Do” list small you tend to be less frantic about getting things done and as a result more relaxed and happy.
Some create problems in their relationships by thinking negative thoughts about their relationships. Instead try communicating with that other person to get those thoughts diffused.
Have you ever considered that the stuff you have accumulated during your life may be complicating your life? Start getting rid of stuff that you do not use anymore and see if you don’t get a sense of relief from doing this.
3. Being a perfectionist – I have come to the realization that we are all “perfectly imperfect”. It has brought peace to my life as I no longer am bound by such high expectations or everyone and everything. If you are perfectionist you are setting yourself up for continual disappointment as this is far from a perfect world we live in. As far as you personally, if you expect perfection you are going to constantly disappoint yourself which will ruin your self confidence and make you constantly unhappy.
4. Comparing Yourself to Others and What they Have in Life – one of the surest ways to make yourself unhappy is to compare your life, and what you have in your life,to that of others. Typically when we do this we do it with those who have more than we do, in our opinion. All this does is instill negative feelings about yourself, your
accomplishments in life and builds resentment to that other person. None of this helps you in your pursuit of happiness so you should avoid it at all costs.
There will always be those in this world who have more than you do as well as those who have less so dwelling on this does you no good at all. Focus instead on your accomplishments and what you are proud of about yourself.
5. Live in the Present – harboring regrets about the past is a futile use of your time. There is nothing you can do to change the past so you might as well accept that, learn form your mistakes and cherish the day that your are living right now. Additionally, worrying about the future is another wasteful use of your time and efforts. If you are constantly focusing on the past and the future, you will miss out on the opportunities and blessings of today. Try to let the past go and, while you have to prepare for the future, don’t dwell on what may go wrong in the future. Enjoy each day for what it brings.
6. Be an Optimist – rather than see things that happen in your life as negatives, try to find the positive in everything. Just the act of doing this can help you avoid being unhappy in life. Bad things happen all the time. It is a fact of life. But try to see what you can learn from each of these things rather than only seeing the negative in it.
Happiness comes from the way we think so keeping your thoughts positive at all times will ensure that you never become unhappy.
Don’t hesitate, your life and your happiness await. Get help from Amazon by checking out any of the books I’ve included here to make sure you avoid being unhappy in life.